The project “Organization of Preventive Activities for Children and Young People Experiencing Social Exclusion” is intended for children and young people under the age of 29 experiencing social exclusion in Klaipeda. Project activities are carried out in the premises of Liberi Children and Youth Day Center S. Šimkaus str. 17a, in Klaipeda. Throughout the project implementation period (from 24 August 2020 to 24 March 2022), preventive activities will be organized and carried out, creating conditions for the socialization of children and young people, helping young people experiencing social exclusion to fully integrate into society. Services will be provided to at least 60 children and young people experiencing social exclusion.
Project activities: organization of cultural and social activities using education (creative audiovisual, theater, directing and music activities), experiential training (workshops, sport activities), art therapy (ceramics, games), with the help of these activities children and young people will be able to get to know and present themselves better. As well as psychological support, counselling, communication and other services.
Voluntary activity is encouraged in the project, at least 10 volunteers will be used and trained for the implementation of the project. Training will be organized for the volunteers: the value and benefits of volunteering as well as aggression prevention and management, and complex game techniques and theatre simulation training of PLAYmath 1-2-3-4-.
The project will contribute to the achievement of the Operational Program approved by the European Commission in 2014. September 8 by decision no. C (2014) 6397, Priority 8 “Increasing Social Inclusion and Combating Poverty” project activities that will increase the availability of social and psychological support and counseling services in the target area and develop community-based services. During the project, by organizing preventive activities and organizing voluntary activities, the aim will be to reduce the social exclusion experienced by the children and young people of the target group, to increase the involvement of both volunteers and representatives of the target group in public life.
The project partner is BĮ Klaipėdos karalienės Luizės jaunimo centras.
It is an institution with many years of experience in working with children and youth. The project partner successfully implements various projects involving children and youth in various leisure activities. Involvement of the project partner will help to take over and share good practice in work with children and youth, to carry out activities effectively – by involving the project in the activities of the center, publicize the project.
Services of the project “Organization of preventative activities for socially excluded children and young people” implemented by the public institution “Liberi”:
- Creative education, audiovisual arts: photo, video and audio classes. Aim: to accelerate the socialization of children and young people by developing their creativity and interest in various activities (E.G photography, filming, editing, working with photo and audio equipment), gaining experience. There will be 12 educations, up to 15 people can participate.
- Creative workshops for theatre, directing and music. Aim: to develop the target groups self-expression, teamwork, ability to communicate and achieve a common goal. It will also improve social skills. The classes will take place in the premises of Liberi, but trips to a professional video and audio recording studio in Klaipeda are also planned. There will be 8 educations, up to 15 people can participate.
- Handicraft classes. Classes will be led by an educator. Classes will make it easier to express emotions, promote verbal communication, eliminate stress; will provide artistic and emotional education, encourage creativity and communion of participants. There will be a total of 40 classes. There will be 6 representatives of the target group in the session.
- Leadership communication sessions. There will be a total of 40 classes. Objective: to educate the 21st century skills such as personal leadership, collaboration, communication, IT skills development. There will be 6 representatives of the target group in the session.
- Food workshop. Children and young people themselves will be involved in the cooking process. The purpose of food production sessions: to promote cooperation, independence, friendship, sharing. Eating lunch together forms a sense of community, which reduces social exclusion and enables the development of interpersonal relationships, self-esteem growth and a sense of being needed. Groups of food preparation will be formed according to the needs from 5 to 8 representatives of the target group, distributing cooking work to each participant.
- Educational trips. Trips to museums, cultural institutions, nature, etc. Planned number of participants during one trip: 5 representatives of the target group.
Project duration – 18 months.
This project is funded by the European Union Structural Funds and Klaipeda City Municipality.
We invite you to come to our children’s day center and discuss your participation in selected project activities. We would like to clarify that children and young people (under 29) can participate in the project activities.
Contact for inquiry and cooperation:
Director Rita Čėsnaitė
8 698 57 207